Over the next few years Autodesk will be transitioning new software purchases to Subscription based options only.
Autodesk’s recent advice on this transition seems to have caused confusion for some.
How does Desktop Subscription effect you?
- For users with perpetual licenses with current Maintenance Subscription, the existing process will remain unchanged.
Subscription benefits for perpetual licenses will continue as long as subscription is current for the foreseeable future.
Crossgrades to Suite products (eg AutoCAD to Building Design Suite) will still be available.
- For users with perpetual licenses without Maintenance Subscription, upgrades to current versions are no longer available.
- Users will be able to purchase perpetual licenses of certain products until the dates outlined below.
Only Desktop Subscription licenses will be available for these products after these dates.
Exceptions are the Design and Entertainment Creation Suites which will be available as perpetual or desktop subscription licenses.
What are the benefits of Desktop Subscription?
Desktop Subscription gives you access to Autodesk software – the same full version you get with a perpetual license – but with a flexible, pay-as-you-go approach for a software budget that’s easier to manage.
Low cost of entry and access to the latest tools make it easy to ramp up/scale down according to changing business needs.
- Annual, quarterly and monthly Desktop Subscription is available across the product range, including suites.
- Desktop Subscription licenses will provide the same functionality as perpetual licenses, and in a network environment will be able to extend the number of networked licenses being shared from the network server.
- Previous version use will be provided.
When will purchase of perpetual licenses cease?
- On June 7, 2015, Autodesk discontinued the sale of new perpetual licenses for the LT family of products: AutoCAD LT, Revit LT, AutoCAD Revit LT Suite, Inventor LT, AutoCAD Inventor LT Suite …
- From January 31, 2016, Autodesk will discontinue the sale of new perpetual licenses of most non-suite versions of products such as AutoCAD, AutoCAD Electrical, AutoCAD Mechanical, Revit Architecture, Inventor, …
- From July 31, 2016, Autodesk will discontinue the sale of new perpetual licenses of most Design and Creation Suites such as AutoCAD Design Suite, Building Design Suite, Product Design Suite, Entertainment Creation Suite, …
Product Perpetual + MSubs DTSubs(A) DTSubs(Q) DTSubs(M)
AutoCAD LT 1775 275 530 200 65
AutoCAD Revit LT Suite 2375 335 710 265 90
AutoCAD 5925 860 2370 890 295
BDSPremium 9600 1440 3840 1440 480
MSubs – annual maintenance subscription
DTSubs – desktop subscription (A – annual, Q – quarterly, M – monthly)
For more information about Desktop Subscription refer to http://www.autodesk.com.au/subscription/desktop or call us.