Last month Autodesk announced the new Revit 2016 R2 (formerly known as Revit Sunrise). It can now be loaded using Autodesk Accounts or via Autodesk Application Manager.
This subscription only Revit 2016 R2 delivers user-requested features that add capabilities, enhances software performance, improves user productivity, and addresses issues reported directly to Autodesk.
Some highlights include Global Parameters, which brings the power of parametric families into the project environment to better capture design intent, and Draw Visible Elements Only which improves performance when working with complex models by using Occlusion Culling.
Other key improvements delivered by Revit 2016 R2 are:
- Family Element Visibility Setting (Family Editor)
- Thermal Zoning (Analysis)
- Enhanced Revit Links
- Cancel Multi Sheet Print or Export
- View Filter UI Improvements
- Revision Enhancement
- Isolate Solids/Voids with Filter Tool (Family Editor)
- Per User RVT Link Unload
- Improved Project Browser
- Name Reference Plane
- Autodesk Raytracer
- Railing Preview
- View Underlay and Orientation Improvements (descriptive language)
- Enabled Copy Paste in Perspective Views
- Choice to Select Wall Join Type (behaviour) during Wall Creation
- Fabrication Part Modelling Enhancement
- Electrical Design Enhancements
- Mechanical Design Enhancements