Last month Autodesk announced the new Revit 2016 R2 (formerly known as Revit Sunrise). It can now be loaded using Autodesk Accounts or via Autodesk Application Manager.
This subscription only Revit 2016 R2 delivers user-requested features that add capabilities, enhances software performance, improves user productivity, and addresses issues reported directly to Autodesk.
Some highlights include Global Parameters, which brings the power of parametric families into the project environment to better capture design intent, and Draw Visible Elements Only which improves performance when working with complex models by using Occlusion Culling.
Other key improvements delivered by Revit 2016 R2 are:
- Family Element Visibility Setting (Family Editor)
- Thermal Zoning (Analysis)
- Enhanced Revit Links
- Cancel Multi Sheet Print or Export
- View Filter UI Improvements
- Revision Enhancement
- Isolate Solids/Voids with Filter Tool (Family Editor)
- Per User RVT Link Unload
- Improved Project Browser
- Name Reference Plane
- Autodesk Raytracer
- Railing Preview
- View Underlay and Orientation Improvements (descriptive language)
- Enabled Copy Paste in Perspective Views
- Choice to Select Wall Join Type (behaviour) during Wall Creation
- Fabrication Part Modelling Enhancement
- Electrical Design Enhancements
- Mechanical Design Enhancements
Autodesk Revit 2016 R2 new features Youtube preview link
Read Revit 2016 R2 Frequently Asked Questions
Save the Day.
Get the power of Desktop Subscription.
Starting at just AUS$148* per month, for a limited time.
Save up to 25% with this special, limited-time Desktop Subscription offer on your favorite Autodesk products—including AutoCAD®, Revit®, Inventor®, 3ds Max®, and more! Offer ends January 22, 2016.
Discover the many benefits of Subscription.
With quarterly, annual or multi-year terms, you get your favorite products your way.
Subscribe today for:
The Latest and Greatest Software
As a Subscription customer, you’ll have access to the most up-to-date Autodesk design and creation tools as they’re released!
Lower Cost of Entry
Get the Autodesk software you need at a lower up-front cost.
What You Need, When You Need It
With Desktop Subscription, you can easily scale up or down to fit your organization’s changing needs.
Quick and Easy Troubleshooting
Your Subscription gives you access to a range of technical support options to minimize delays and downtime.
In addition to getting better value, easier access, and improved flexibility, Desktop Subscription also gives you:
- Flexible Usage (Home, Global, and Previous Version rights)
- Cloud Services
- Administrative Tools
- Multi-year Options
Click here to learn more
Need more details on Desktop Subscription? Learn more about Desktop Subscription benefits**, plans, and available suites and products. LEARN MORE
Did you know?
After January 31, 2016, new perpetual licenses of most individual Autodesk products will not be available for purchase.
* Advertised discounts refer to SRP before and after the promotion. SRP is Autodesk’s suggested retail price (excluding GST, freight, handling and other taxes) for the specified product in your region.SRP is used for reference purposes only as the actual retail price is determined by your reseller. Actual savings may vary. Offer is available from 7 November 2015 through 22 January 2016 to customers located in Australia, New Zealand. Full product list, details and restrictions at http://www.autodesk.com/promoofferconditions Cannot be combined with Major Account pricing, Government pricing, Employee Purchase program or any other discounts. Offer available from participating resellers only. Resellers are independent and free to set their own prices. Reseller prices may vary. Please consult your local Autodesk reseller for further details. A list of Autodesk resellers can be found at http://www.autodesk.com.au/resellers/locate-a-reseller ** All Subscription benefits may not be available for all products or services in all languages and/or geographies. Subscription programs are subject to the applicable Autodesk Subscription terms and conditions and/or Autodesk Terms of Service Autodesk, the Autodesk logo, AutoCAD, AutoCAD LT, Inventor, Infraworks, Maya and 3ds Max are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders. Autodesk reserves the right to alter product and services offerings, and specifications and pricing at any time without notice, and is not responsible for typographical or graphical errors that may appear in this document. © 2015 Autodesk, Inc. All rights reserved.
Over the next few years Autodesk will be transitioning new software purchases to Subscription based options only.
Autodesk’s recent advice on this transition seems to have caused confusion for some.
How does Desktop Subscription effect you?
- For users with perpetual licenses with current Maintenance Subscription, the existing process will remain unchanged.
Subscription benefits for perpetual licenses will continue as long as subscription is current for the foreseeable future.
Crossgrades to Suite products (eg AutoCAD to Building Design Suite) will still be available.
- For users with perpetual licenses without Maintenance Subscription, upgrades to current versions are no longer available.
- Users will be able to purchase perpetual licenses of certain products until the dates outlined below.
Only Desktop Subscription licenses will be available for these products after these dates.
Exceptions are the Design and Entertainment Creation Suites which will be available as perpetual or desktop subscription licenses.
What are the benefits of Desktop Subscription?
Desktop Subscription gives you access to Autodesk software – the same full version you get with a perpetual license – but with a flexible, pay-as-you-go approach for a software budget that’s easier to manage.
Low cost of entry and access to the latest tools make it easy to ramp up/scale down according to changing business needs.
- Annual, quarterly and monthly Desktop Subscription is available across the product range, including suites.
- Desktop Subscription licenses will provide the same functionality as perpetual licenses, and in a network environment will be able to extend the number of networked licenses being shared from the network server.
- Previous version use will be provided.
When will purchase of perpetual licenses cease?
- On June 7, 2015, Autodesk discontinued the sale of new perpetual licenses for the LT family of products: AutoCAD LT, Revit LT, AutoCAD Revit LT Suite, Inventor LT, AutoCAD Inventor LT Suite …
- From January 31, 2016, Autodesk will discontinue the sale of new perpetual licenses of most non-suite versions of products such as AutoCAD, AutoCAD Electrical, AutoCAD Mechanical, Revit Architecture, Inventor, …
- From July 31, 2016, Autodesk will discontinue the sale of new perpetual licenses of most Design and Creation Suites such as AutoCAD Design Suite, Building Design Suite, Product Design Suite, Entertainment Creation Suite, …
Product Perpetual + MSubs DTSubs(A) DTSubs(Q) DTSubs(M)
AutoCAD LT 1775 275 530 200 65
AutoCAD Revit LT Suite 2375 335 710 265 90
AutoCAD 5925 860 2370 890 295
BDSPremium 9600 1440 3840 1440 480
MSubs – annual maintenance subscription
DTSubs – desktop subscription (A – annual, Q – quarterly, M – monthly)
More information about subscription changes
For more information about Desktop Subscription refer to http://www.autodesk.com.au/subscription/desktop or call us.